- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Scalloped Cabbage Recipe
|Cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded (Cooked)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), grated|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
Calories 212 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g43.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.8 mg
Sodium 333.6 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Grease a casserole and place aside.
3) In a saucepan, cook the cabbage by dipping in with boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, in another saucepan or skillet prepare white sauce by melting butter and blending flour and seasonings into it.
5) Gradually stir in milk and cook to prepare a thick sauce.
6) Drain the cabbage, when it turns tender.
7) In the greased casserole, arrange layers of cabbage, grated cheese and warm white sauce.
8) in greased casserole.
9) Sprinkle buttered crumbs on top.
10) Place the casserole inside oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until crumbs are delicately browned.
11) Cut into 6 wedges and serve by garnishing with extra grated cheese, if desired.