- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallop Saute over Rice Recipe
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||4 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces (Green Onions)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Bay scallops/Sea scallops, cut into 1-inch pieces||8 Ounce|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Provolone cheese||1 Ounce, shredded|
|Long-grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Hot)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1249 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.4 mg
Sodium 2379.5 mg99.1%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 84 g168.1%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 79.4% Iron 56.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 10-inch skillet, saute the mushrooms, scallions, and garlic in the margarine for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Stir in the scallops and saute for 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the sherry, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper, then bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Sprinkle with provolone cheese and cook covered for about 1 minute until the cheese is melted.
5) Spoon over a bed of rice and serve immediately.