- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallop Ceviche Recipe Video
|Fresh ginger||1 Large (3 inch piece)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced (Dorot brand ginger cube, equivalent to 1 tsp minced ginger)|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives bunch||1 Small|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint leaves||6 Small|
|Soy derivative lecithin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg
Sodium 1136.5 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 60.4%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan add roughly cut fresh ginger and Dorot ginger cubes and simmer for about 40-50 minutes.
2. Using a knife, dice scallops roughly and keep it in a bowl placed over a bed of ice.
3. Puree the blueberries.
4. Season the scallops with salt pepper, a little blueberry puree, finely minced chives and onions and mix well.
5. Mix some red wine vinegar and 3-4 chiffonaded mint leaves into the scallop mixture.
6. In a tall mixing container add the ginger concentrate, soy derivative lecithin and salt and pulse with a hand blender.
7. Into two serving cups, fill three fourths with the scallop mixture and top each with a scoop of the ginger infused liquid whip.