- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Vegetable Medley Roll Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lentils||3 Tablespoon, cooked|
|Tomato slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 367.2 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 61.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop apple, tomato and onion into small pieces.
3. In a bowl, mix together chopped vegetables with cooked lentils.
4. Roll the pastry into rectangle shape and thinly.
5. Spread lentil mixture on top, sprinkle crumbs and season with salt, pepper, parsley and herbs.
6. Moisten the pastry and make a Swiss roll; press the ends of the roll tightly to seal.
7. Brush the roll with milk and place over a greased baking tray.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until pastry is cooked.
9. Cut the roll into slices and garnish with slices of tomatoes and freshly chopped parsley.
10. Serve Savory Vegetable Medley Roll for an evening snack.