- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Haddock Crumble Recipe
|Haddock fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, skinned and chopped|
|Eggs||2 , hardboiled and chopped|
|Capers||1 Ounce, drained (25 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Plain wheatmeal flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2940 Calories from Fat 1691
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 187 g287%
Saturated Fat 76.1 g380.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 839.1 mg
Sodium 3683.3 mg153.5%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g59%
Sugars 43.6 g
Protein 114 g228%
Vitamin A 82.7% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 68.3% Iron 75.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Strain the milk from the haddock into a measuring jug and make up to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with a little more milk, if necessary.
3. Skin and flake the haddock, removing the bones.
4. Put 25 g (1 oz) of the butter into a shallow ovenproof serving dish and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until the butter melts. Add the onion and cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 4-7 minutes until the onion softens.
5. Stir in the plain flour and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the measured milk then microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds and then whisk well. Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes until boiling, whisking every minute. Season well with salt and pepper. Stir in the fish, egg and capers, if using.
6. To make the crumble topping, rub the remaining 50 g (2 oz) butter into the wheatmeal flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fish mixture. Microwave on HIGH for 9-10 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minures before serving, garnished with parsley.