- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Hamburger and Sauce Angostura Recipe
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Angostura bitters||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Celery||2 Tablespoon, minced|
Calories 717 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.6%
Saturated Fat 22 g110.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg
Sodium 1148.8 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 39 g78.2%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together the meat, salt, pepper, bitters, and lemon juice.
2) Blend thoroughly and shape four thick patties.
3) Set aside while preparing the sauce.
4) In a bowl, add tomato sauce along with the remaining ingredients.
5) Brush the cakes on both sides with this mixture.
6) Place on a rack, some distance from the hot coals, and broil for about 5 minutes on each side.
7) Broil for a longer for well done.
8) Serve with the remaining sauce.