- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
SAVORY BRAISED SHORT RIBS Recipe
|Beef short ribs||4 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Whole black peppercorns||4|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 988 Calories from Fat 803
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g137.5%
Saturated Fat 40.1 g200.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.3 mg
Sodium 509.8 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wipe short ribs with damp paper towels. If necessary, trim excess fat.
2. Heat a Dutch oven slowly.
3. Add short ribs, fat side down over a medium flame. Brown it well on all sides for about 30 minutes overall.
4. Discard drippings.
5. Add onion, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf, Worcestershire, marjoram, broth, and 1 cup water. Bring it to a boil.
6. Reduce flame. Cover and let it simmer for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until it is tender. Turn the meat once in-between.
7. Meanwhile, make Horseradish Cream. In a small bowl, beat heavy cream until it becomes stiff.
8. Add sour cream, horseradish, mustard, and salt. Beat it well.
9. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
10. In a serving platter, place ribs. Keep it warm.
11. Skim fat from pan juices.
12. In another bowl, mix flour with ½ cup water until it is of a smooth consistency.
13. Stir into pan juices. Bring it to a boil, keep stirring continuously.
14. Reduce flame. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
16. To serve Savory Braised Short Ribs, pour the strained juice over short ribs and top it with tomato wedges and parsley. Pass Horseradish Cream.