- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Zucchini Muffins Recipe
|Zucchini||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||11 Tablespoon (3/4 Cup Less 1 Tablespoon)|
|Reduced-fat cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Ounce, shredded|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Double-acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried fine herbs||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.6 mg
Sodium 445.1 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. Over a kitchen towel, place the zucchini; cover the zucchini with the towel and squeeze out the liquids.
3. In a large mixing bowl, place the squeezed zucchini; add flours, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pepper, and salt and combine well.
4. In a small mixing bowl, place yogurt, eggs, oil, and fine herbes and whisk thoroughly with a wired whisk.
5. Add the yogurt-egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir until just blended.
6. Grease twelve 2 1/2-inch-diameter muffin-pan cups by spraying nonstick cooking spray.
7. Into the greased muffin cups, pour batter to fill 2/3 rd of the cups.
8. In the middle rack, center the cups and bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are golden.
9. Take out the pan and place over a wire rack for cooling slightly.
10. Turnover the cups on the rack and let them cool.
11. Serve hot.
To check if the muffins are done, insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, it means they are baked well.