- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Vermicelli Recipe Video
|Wheat vermicelli/Rice vermicelli||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for gluten free version, use rice vermicelli)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry whole red chilies||3 Medium|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 32.3 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.3%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 22 g43.9%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 8.9%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan of water add salt to taste and bring to boil.
2. Add vermicelli and stir for about 3-5 minutes taking care to not overcook.
3. In a nonstick pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and add dry red chilies, mustard, peanuts whole, curry leaves fresh, turmeric powder, finely chopped onion, garlic paste, green chili paste, coriander and cumin powder and sesame seeds and saute until onion is done.
4. Add the prepared vermicelli after draining out water and stir well.
5. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped coriander and chopped bell pepper and serve.