- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Tuna Loaf Recipe
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dehydrated parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tuna||21 Ounce (3 Cans Of 6 1/2 Or 7 Ounce Each)|
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.4 mg
Sodium 1230.6 mg51.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove any bones or skin from tuna if any.
2. Grease an 8 1/2-inch X 4 1/2 inch loaf tin with oil then line it with foil.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk and whisk light with a fork until well blended.
5. Tip in the crumbs, onion, herbs and seasonings and mix lightly but quickly.
6. Add the flaked tuna with the canning oil and fold into the mixture without over stirring.
7. Turn the mixture into the foil lined tin and spread evenly.
8. Place in the preheated oven and bake for almost any hour until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
9. Remove tin from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
10. Invert the loaf onto a serving platter and carefully peel off the foil.
11. Turn the loaf right side up and let cool slightly.
12. Slice the loaf and serve warm or cold with a salad and a sauce of your choice.