- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Tomatoes Au Gratin Recipe
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large, cut into halves and seeds removed|
|Low sodium low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried summer savory||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Low sodium cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg10.7%
Sodium 32.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 32.9% Vitamin C 41.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a shallow flameproof dish, place the tomato halves, cut side facing up.
3) In a small bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice.
4) On each tomato half, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of this mixture.
5) Now, on each tomato half, evenly sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of summer savory.
6) On top of these, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
7) Heat this in the oven for 15 minutes.
8) Then, remove from the oven.
9) Under the broiler, place this until browned lightly.
10) Serve this as an accompaniment to fish, poultry or meat. You can also serve this with omelets for brunch. Or, serve this as a vegetarian entree by adding more cheese.