- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.2 mg
Sodium 431.7 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 68.8%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) After washing the zucchini properly, cook it in salted boiling water for about 5 minutes.
3) Cut the squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and discard them.
4) Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cavities and set them aside.
6) In a large skillet, melt the butter and add in the beef, onion and celery. Till the beef has browned continue cooking, constantly stirring.
7) Add the breadcrumbs and tomato sauce into the mixture and stir properly.
8) Spoon the prepared mixture into the zucchini cavities.
9) In a shallow baking dish, place the squash, sprinkle cheese on top and bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
10) Serve hot.