- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Packaged precooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 Medium|
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.5%
Saturated Fat 26.1 g130.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.8 mg
Sodium 1506.3 mg62.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 52 g104.5%
Vitamin A 37.2% Vitamin C 253.8%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut peppers lengthwise into half.
2. Discard seeds and rinse with water.
3. In a medium glass bowl, crumble and spread ground beef.
4. Add onion and mix.
5. Heat at High for 4 to 5 minutes until beef is brown.
6. Stir once and drain excess fat.
7. Add 1 can tomato sauce, water, 1 tablespoon cheese, salt and pepper; stir to mix.
8. Cover the bowl.
9. Heat on High for 4 to 5 minutes.
10. Add rice; stir well.
11. Cover the dish and let it stand for 5 minutes.
12. Stuff each half of mushrooms with beef-rice filling.
13. In a 8-inch square baking dish, place the stuffed peppers.
14. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
15. Cover the dish.
16. Cook on high for 14 to 16 minutes until peppers are tender.
17. Keep the dish covered for 5 minutes after cooking.
18. Serve warm.