- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe
|Bulk pork sausage||3⁄4 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chopped peeled apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Herb-seasoned stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry madeira wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Flank steak||2 Pound, butterflied and lightly scored on both sides (1 Piece)|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192 mg
Sodium 1223.9 mg51%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 62 g124.7%
Vitamin A 77.6% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 10-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until cooked through, breaking up any large pieces; drain.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. Take a large 10 inch skillet and put sausage in it on medium flame.
4. Once the sausage is heated through, cut it into large pieces and keep aside in a bowl.
5. Put oil in the same skillet and stir in onion, carrot, and garlic.
6. Let the ingredients cook for 4-5 minutes.
7. Put apple mixture on the sausage pieces kept in the bowl.
8. Put the stuffing mix, egg, parsley, beef broth, wine, sage, thyme, salt and pepper in the bowl.
9. On the work area, spread open the steak.
10. Put the stuffing mixture on the open surfaces of steak allowing ¼ inch space free on all sides.
11. Roll the steak starting from the long side and once done tie it with the string.
12. Take the roasting pan and put the rolled steak on it with the open side facing down.
13. Keep the dish for baking for 45 minutes.
14. Once done, apply barbeque sauce on all sides and bake again for 30 minutes.
15. Take the rolls out on serving dish and keep aside.
16. Take a saucepan and put the juices left in roasting pan.
17. Put water and 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce; cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
18. With a spatula, keep scraping the surface.
19. Filter the sauce.
20. Slice rolls and serve with topping of sauce.