- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Shrimp Pulao Recipe Video
|Basmati rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Cooked Al Dente Not Completely, Cut The Cook Time By 2 Minutes If Cooking Over A Fire. If Using A Rice Cooker)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound (Prawns ,Peeled And De Veined)|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large, minced|
|Cilantro/Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (Stems And Leaves Seprated)|
|Tomato||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2742 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 693.3 mg
Sodium 1374.3 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 479 g159.6%
Dietary Fiber 30.5 g122%
Sugars 36.5 g
Protein 142 g284.7%
Vitamin A 176.4% Vitamin C 180%
Calcium 98.5% Iron 141.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium skillet bring the oil to temperature on medium high heat.
2. Add the cinnamon and cloves and let sizzle for 10 seconds before adding in the onions. Cook the onions till lightly caramelized about 8 to 10 minutes, making sure to stir often.
3. Add the garlic and the powdered spices and stir to coat the onions well and cook the spices for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and the cilantro/coriander stems, stir to combine and add the water. Cover and cook for another 8 minutes until the mixture takes on the consistency of a paste.
5. Add the yogurt, mix well and add the shrimp. Cook covered for 5 minutes, just until the shrimp is tender. Over cooking will leave you with very rubbery shrimp. Season with salt to taste, 1/2 tsp (use less if you salt the water when cooking the rice).Add the rest of the cilantro/coriander, mix well.
6. Add in the cooked rice and gently stir it in to coat with the gravy, making sure not to break up the rice. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes, to heat through.
7. Serve hot with a garnish of coriander. Enjoy!