- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Sauce Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 313.9 mg
Sodium 943.2 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 47.2% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Gently heat butter in a saucepan.
2) Add in the flour, and stir till smooth.
3) Stirring continuously, cook the sauce for 1 minute.
4) Slowly add in the broth and cook, stirring constantly.
5) In a bowl, add the cream and egg yolk and mix well.
6) Using about one-fourth of the hot mix, slowly stir it into the yolk mix.
7) Add to the remaining hot mix, stirring constantly.
8) Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
9) Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
10) Top Savory Sauce over vegetables and serve.