- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savoury Beef Mince - Cottage Pie Recipe Video
|Lean steak mince||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||2 Pound, chopped|
|Beef stock cubes||3|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potato||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 790 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.3 mg
Sodium 504.1 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.7%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.8%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 55 g110.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 87.8%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok, heat oil, add 1/6th of the beef, fry until the beef turns brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat the process for the remaining beef, adding 1/6th at a time.
2. In a pan, place beef, add onions, mix lightly, add flour, stock cubes, mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add water, simmer for about an hour.
4. In a baking dish, place about 1/8th of the beef mixture, top evenly with mashed potato. Repeat the process to make desired amount of servings.
5. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until the potato crust turns brown.
6. Serve with your choice of beverage.