- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Green Beans Recipe
|Green beans||1 Pound, cooked|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130.5 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2 quart microwaveable casserole or dish, place the beans and heat them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or less if already warm. Keep aside.
2. In a small (1 –quart) microwave proof bowl, combine the oil and garlic.
3. Place in the microwave and cook for not more than 3 minutes just until the garlic is soft and golden.
4. Stir in the sauce and seasonings.
5. Pour the sauce over the beans and toss lightly to coat.
6. Serve straight from the casserole or dish while still warm.