- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Filled Squash Halves Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon (dried)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 686 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 442.6 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 87.8% Vitamin C 162.8%
Calcium 36% Iron 57.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine onion and 2 tablespoons of the butter in small glass dish.
3. Microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH. Stir and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, on HIGH, or until tender.
4. Preheat microwave browning grill for 5 minutes on HIGH. Cut squash in half crosswise; scoop out seeds. Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on cut edges of squash.
5. Place squash halves cut-side-down on preheated grill.
6. Microwave for 3 minutes on HIGH. Turn squash cut-side-up (if necessary, cut off pointed end so squash will not tip). Season with salt. Spoon onion slices into squash halves. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, on HIGH, or until heated and tender.