- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Bread Pudding Recipe
|Bread||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Enough Water To Cover Ingredients In A Saucepan)|
|For vanilla sauce|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Arrowroot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 823 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg
Sodium 1148.7 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 57.9 g
Protein 25 g49%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the prepared bread in bite-sized chunks.
2) Use a fresh lemon to grate the lemon rind.
3) In a saucepan, add sufficient water to cover the lemon rind and raisins.
4) Heat up the water and set aside, to soften the raisins and lemon rind in hot water.
5) In another saucepan, prepare vanilla sauce by adding milk and stirring arrowroot. Bring this to a boil and stir in honey, vanilla and spices.
6) Reduce heat and simmer the liquid for another 10 minutes, until the liquid gets thick.
7) Use a 9 x 9 inches pan, to add bread, soaked raisins, and half of the vanilla sauce.
8) Spread the remaining vanilla sauce over this.
9) Set your oven at 300° and place the pan inside oven.
10) Bake for 15 minutes.
11) Serve the pudding hot or cold, by garnishing with your favorite topping.