- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Biscotti Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Fennel seeds||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1603 Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.2%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.7 mg
Sodium 2726.3 mg113.6%
Total Carbohydrates 239 g79.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.9%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 44 g87.1%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 13.4%
Calcium 78.6% Iron 97.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir the oil, butter, garlic, fennel seeds, and curry powder in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on High until aromatic, 10 35 seconds. Let cool.
3. Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cayenne in a large bowl.
4. Whisk the egg whites and egg into the butter mixture; stir into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until a stiff dough forms.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into two 12-inch logs and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until light golden and firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely. With a serrated knife, slice the logs on a slight angle 1/4-inch thick.
6. Arrange the slices flat-side down on the baking sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes, turn, and bake until light golden on both sides, 5-6 minutes more.