- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Baked Tomatoes Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Pimiento||1 , cut into strips|
|Cooked ham||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 214.5 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C 74.2%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice off 2 inches from the stem end of each tomato to make a cup.
2. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds and pulp and discard.
3. Bush tomatoes inside out with oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F
5. In a sautÃ© pan, heat 4 tablespoons oil.
6. Add onion and sautÃ© until soft but not brown. Add remaining ingredients for stuffing except the bread crumbs and sautÃ© lightly until lightly browned.
7. Take pan off the heat.
8. In a bowl, combine the spinach soufflÃ© and slivered almonds and mix well.
9. Spoon the mixture into each tomato cup.
10. Toss breadcrumbs in remaining oil, then sprinkle over the tomatoes.
11. Stand them on a baking sheet.
12. Just before serving, bake the tomatoes for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden.
13. Serve hot as a side dish to roasts, grills or steaks.