- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Almond Sauce Recipe
|Canned sliced blanched almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||6|
|Strained apples and apricots||3 Ounce (Baby Pack)|
|Halved seedless green grapes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2290 Calories from Fat 1178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 137 g210.8%
Saturated Fat 51.3 g256.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg
Sodium 5621.9 mg234.2%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.5%
Sugars 132.2 g
Protein 32 g63.3%
Vitamin A 64.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 36% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan melt butter or margarine, cook almonds over low heat, stirring often such that golden-brown and remove from heat.
2. Into almonds blend cornstarch, brown sugar and water and add bouillon cubes.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, such that bouillon cubes are dissolved and sauce is thick and clear.
4. Stir in strained apricots, apples and grapes.
5. Heat to boil and add the meat balls.
6. Serve hot with the desired garnish.