- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Save Money - Easy Home Made Whole Wheat Crackers - Part 2 Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour/Spelt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 987 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 31.3 g156.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 1954.1 mg81.4%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.9%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 19 g38.1%
Vitamin A 83% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 7% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Combine the whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and paprika in a medium bowl.
3) Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter thoroughly into the dry mixture until it looks like large crumbs, no bigger than a pea.
4) Combine the water and vanilla in a measuring cup, plus honey if using, and add to the flour mixture. Mix well until combined and dough forms, but only as long as necessary for the most tender crackers.
5) Use parchment paper, a lightly greased cookie sheet, or an ungreased baking stone to cut out the crackers.
6) Only use one fourth of the dough at a time. Cover all your surfaces with flour and roll the dough as evenly as you can.
7) Keep rolling until the dough is as thin as humanly possible without tearing. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife and cut the dough into squares or triangles, about 1 1/2 inches each.
8) Bake the crackers in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, till they are brown and done.
9) Serve the crackers as and when preferred. These make a good snack.