- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Vegetables with Spaghetti Squash Recipe
|Spaghetti squash||1 Medium|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, sliced|
|Grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 190.7 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 70%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the squash and cut into half lengthwise.
2) Discard the seeds.
3) Put the squash with cut side down in a Dutch oven.
4) Add 2 inches of water and boil the squash.
5) Cook for 25 minutes.
6) Drain the squash and allow to cool.
7) Remove the spaghetti-like strand and measure around 3 cups of strands.
8) Take a skillet and heat the butter.
9) Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
10) Put carrots, green peppers and zucchini. Saute for 5 more minutes and then add tomatoes, parsley along with salt and pepper.
11) Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
12) Take the vegetables and mix with squash strands.
13) Toss them well.
14) Portion onto 6 individual serving plates.
15) Sprinkle cheese before serving.