- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Tangerine Shrimp Recipe Video
|Shrimp||25 , cleaned and washed|
|Clementines||4 (2 juiced and 2 sectioned)|
|Garlic cloves||1 , mince|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Ginger root||1 Small, mince|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2162 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.9%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g154.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 900.5 mg300.2%
Sodium 2222.3 mg92.6%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.9%
Sugars 39.8 g
Protein 139 g278.2%
Vitamin A 120.5% Vitamin C 345%
Calcium 51.2% Iron 108.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Marinate the shrimps with the clementine juice.
2. Season with garlic, salt, pepper and ginger and let it marinate for 30-35 minutes inside the refrigerator in a marinating vacuum container.
3. Saute the shrimps over medium heat in the olive oil and butter. Flip them over when the bottom side is done and cook for couple of minutes more.
4. Place the sauteed shrimp on a serving container.
5. Add the extra marinade into the skillet and cook for a while.
6. Add the sectioned clementines into the marinade and cook till it turns thick.
7. The rice is steamed with little bit of onion and coconut in a chicken or vegetable broth.
8. Five minutes before it is to be done, put the frozen peas on top of the rice. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
9. Glaze the shrimp with the thick clementine sauce and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
10. Serve hot.