- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Toasted buttered bread slices||4|
|Minced parsley/Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 handful)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.3 mg
Sodium 274 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse and dry the mushrooms. Slice the mushrooms thinly.
2) In a heavy metal pan, melt the butter. Once the butter browns slightly in colour add in the sliced mushrooms.
3) Saute the mushrooms over a high flame, while stirring constantly, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Take the pan off the flame.
5) Sprinkle salt and pepper and give the mushrooms a good mix.
6) Spread the sauted mushrooms over the buttered and toasted bread slices.
7) Sprinkle parsley or chives on top. If desired, sprinkle dried or fresh tarragon or basil over the mushrooms. Serve hot.