- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sautéed Cucumbers Recipe
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped dill/1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried dillweed||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 501
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.8%
Saturated Fat 35.5 g177.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196.7 mg
Sodium 2969.5 mg123.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 72.3% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice peeled cucumber lengthwise into two halves and deseed using a spoon.
2. Make thin slices and place in a colander.
3. Sprinkle salt and toss thoroughly and drain for about 20 minutes.
4. Rinse with cold water, drain completely and pat dry using paper towels.
5. Take a 1-quart saucepan, add pepper, dill and cream and boil for about 20 minutes or till the quantity is halved.
6. Place a 10-inch skillet on medium to high heat and melt butter.
7. Mix cucumbers and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or till cucumber turns crispy tender.
8. Add cream mixture and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
9. Serve immediately.