- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Chicken Livers with Bacon and Mushroom Recipe Video
|Chicken livers||2 Pound (organic)|
|Canadian bacon||1 Pound|
|Fresh lime juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brandy/Sherry||3 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Beech mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Miitake mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Almond butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (optional)|
|Regular salt||1 Tablespoon (optional)|
Calories 555 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 858.6 mg
Sodium 2781.5 mg115.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 61 g122.3%
Vitamin A 523.3% Vitamin C 102.4%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 126.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Marinate chicken liver in lemon juice for 4 hrs.
2. Cut up bacon into smaller pieces.
3. Chop garlic, onion and both the mushrooms.
4. Fry bacons in a large skillet.
5. Remove bacon once it is just starting to crisp.
6. Add the chicken livers to skillet and sauté until nicely brown on each side. Do in small batches to avoid too much liquid in the pan.
7. Remove the livers and add the onions, garlic and mushrooms to the pan sauté for 5 minutes soft and browned.
8. Season with sage, coriander powder and cumin powder.
9. Pour in brandy to deglaze the pan.
10. Add back the bacon and livers and mix well.
11. Pour in heavy cream to thicken up the sauce and mix well.
12. Turn off the heat and let the flavors blend for a couple of minutes and serve.
13. Place Sauteed chicken livers over the lettuce leaves and serve.
Marinate chicken liver overnight or a few hours should be sufficient if you need a quick meal. For a different flavor you can also marinate in milk if you include dairy in your diet. Marinating cuts the strong flavor of the liver.
Instead of using cream if you want to stay paleo or primal you can add a little water or stock and then mix in 1-2 tablespoon of almond butter to thicken the liquid into a sauce.