- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Chicken In Cointreau Recipe
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned, boned, and evenly pounded to 1/2 inch thick (Two 1 Pound Each)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon, dredged (As Required)|
|Unsalted butter||7 Tablespoon|
|Chardonnay/Other good dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), reduced to ¼ cup|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), reduced|
|Cointreau||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , thinly sliced (For Garnish)|
Calories 721 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 399.5 mg
Sodium 323.3 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 61 g122%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 117%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper On the chicken pieces
3. Put eggs and flour in two separate shallow bowls, and dip each chicken piece in the eggs, then in the flour.
4. Shake off if there is any excess flour.
5. In a sauté pan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
6. Sauté the chicken pieces over medium-high heat until the meat color turns golden brown on both sides. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes.
7. Transfer the food in a plate and place it in the pre-heat oven.
8. Pour down all fats from the sauté pan except one-tablespoon amount.
9. Add the shallot in it and continue sauté until the shallots become tender. Take care so that these veggies do not get brown and then set aside.
10. In a saucepan add wine, juice, and Cointreau; start heating against high flame and get the ingredients reduced by half in quantity.
11. Then add the mustard, shallots, and butter in it and beat the mixture smoothly until the butter is completely melted.
12. Add flour in it and continue stirring until the mixture starts boiling.
13. Arrange chicken pieces on plates and pour the sauce on it.
14. Garnish the chicken pieces with orange slice and serve.