- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Walnut Yogurt Sauce Recipe
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White bread slices||1|
|Walnut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sweet paprika||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, squeezed|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄4 Pound, pounded|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1554 Calories from Fat 697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.7%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 342.8 mg
Sodium 1436.5 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 157 g314.5%
Vitamin A 221.3% Vitamin C 43.3%
Calcium 46% Iron 62.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel garlic and crush it. Also, pare and trim carrots and chop them into thin rounds.
2) Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
2) Take a heavy bottomed saucepan and place it over high heat. Combine stock, garlic, carrot, onion, marjoram, and thyme and boil the mixture.
3) Lower the heat to medium-low and allow the stock to simmer for about 25 minutes.
4) In the meantime, tear bread into bite sized pieces and combine with 1/2 cup walnuts and paprika in the blender. Process the mixture until fine bread crumbs are formed and set the mixture aside.
5) Now, once the stock mixture has cooked, take out about 1/2 cup liquid from the saucepan into a small bowl.
6) Pour the remaining stock and the bread mixture in the food processor. Also add, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and yogurt and run the machine until the mixture is smooth. Turnout the sauce into a glass bowl, cover with a plastic wrap and keep aside.
7) Take a heavy gauge skillet and heat oil in it until smoking. Put in the chicken breasts and saute over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
8) Place chicken on a hot platter and keep warm. Pour the reserved 1/2 cup stock in the skillet and bring it to a boil. Scrape off the browned chicken bits from the skillet and mix this into the sauce kept in the glass bowl.
9) Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and garnish with remaining walnuts and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.