- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Vegetables and Summer Savory Butter Recipe
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||3 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Preferably Homemade, Or Canned)|
|Summer savory||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2415 Calories from Fat 536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.3%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g151.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 893.2 mg
Sodium 1447 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g36.9%
Dietary Fiber 41.3 g165%
Sugars 26.9 g
Protein 330 g659.8%
Vitamin A 887.3% Vitamin C 222.5%
Calcium 143.2% Iron 186%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2) Trim chicken breasts discarding excess fat and cartilage.
3) Using meat pounder or rolling pin flatten breasts to about 1/2-inch thickness. Halve and dry.
4) Skin parsnips and halve lengthwise. Lay flat sides down and cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
5) Peel and cut carrots same as parsnips. Keep the vegetables aside.
6) In medium-size heavy-gauge skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
7) When butter sizzles add parsnip and carrot and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 5 minutes turning occasionally.
8) Sprinkle pepper and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. Cover skillet and set aside.
9) Heat large heavy-gauge skillet over medium-high heat and heat clarified butter and add chicken breasts with smooth side down.
10) Saute chicken for about 3 minutes and turn chickenin beyween. Tilt skillet to grease with butter and saute on second side about 2 minutes. Turn chicken cook for another 2 to 5 minutes till meat is tender.
11) Place chicken in individual dinner plates and keep warm in oven until serving.
12) Reduce to medium heat and add 1/2 cup dry white wine. Turn heat to high and cook for 3 minutes to reduce wine by half.
13) Add the stock and cook for 3 minutes to reduce liquid to half.
14) Take off from heat and add 3/4 cup of prepared summer savory butter, each teaspoon at a time.
15) Pour the sauce on thevegetables to coat them.
16) Remove dinner plates and turn on the broiler.
17) Put remaining sauce over chicken breast halves.
18) Add carrots and parsnips around chicken.
19) Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving.