- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
|Chicken breast halves||4 , skinned and boned and boned to make about 1 pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Raspberry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Fresh raspberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsalted chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.8 mg
Sodium 193.6 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 41 g83%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2) Place chicken breasts on a plate and drizzle salt and pepper. Add honey to raspberry vinegar and blend well.
3) Pour the raspberry mixture over chicken breasts and marinate for about 15 minutes.
4) Take a heavy bottomed skillet and place it over medium-high heat. Put butter in skillet and allow to melt.
5) Put marinated meat in the skillet and saute for about 4 minutes. Flip the breasts and cook for another 4 minutes, until browned.
6) Now, place the cooked chicken on a platter and put it inside the preheated oven.
7) Next, pour wine into the skillet and add shallot. Simmer the mixture until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons.
8) Add raspberries (reserving about 12), and stock to the skillet and simmer the mixture until it is reduced to half.
9) Further, put the mixture in a blender or a food processor and puree it. Strain through a sieve.
10) Again, put the pureed sauce in the skillet and boil it.
11) Take out the chicken from oven, and pour sauce over it.
12) Garnish with reserved raspberries and mint sprigs and serve hot.