- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Breast Of Chicken With Foie Gras And Truffle Sauce Recipe
|Whole chicken breasts||20 Ounce, boned, skinned and split to make about 1 pound each|
|Black truffles/Canned if necessary||1⁄2 Ounce, finely diced (Use Fresh)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Madeira||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Duck foie gras||4 Ounce (Use Fresh)|
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Fine fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.2%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g70.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 397.4 mg
Sodium 309.1 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.82%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 44 g87.1%
Vitamin A 192% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 58.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Sauté the truffles for a short time with 2 tablespoons of the oil
3. Deglaze the pan with Madeira and reduce by half over medium-high heat.
4. Add 3/4 cup of the stock and reduce by half in quantity again.
5. Add the cream with it and again cook to reduce, until the mixture turns into a saucy consistency.
6. Set the preparation aside and allow to be seasoned.
7. Make an incision in the thickest part of the breast on the underside.
8. Insert even amounts of foie gras in the four breast pieces.
9. Press the meat pieces closed. Dip the meat chunks into beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
10. Heat about 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a thick base sauté pan over medium heat.
11. Add the chicken breast pieces and sauté the meat until the pieces get browned on one side.
12. Do not throng the pan.
13. Turn and brown the other side of the chicken pieces, using more oil as necessary. (The chicken should be crispy and brown, the breadcrumbs forming a shell.)
14. Place the chicken in the oven for 5 minutes to final touch of cooking.
15. Reheat the sauce over low heat.
16. Place the chicken on individual plates. Pour the sauce around the sides of the chicken.
17. Serve the food and enjoy.