- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Artichokes Recipe Video
|Lemon||2 (1 juiced and 1 zest and used for rub)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 , chopped finely|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cold water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 490.1 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g75%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 150.3%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Zest 1 lemon and reserve the lemon to rub the artichoke.
2. In a bowl, put the cold water and add in lemon juice.
3. Using a sharp knife cut the top leaves of artichoke about half way down.
4. Trim off the outer lower leaves until you see the white flesh underneath.
5. Cut the bottom part of stalk and using a small knife cut the outer green part.
6. Rub the artichoke with a piece of lemon.
7. Using a spoon scoop and remove the purple choke and cut the artichokes in half or in quarters and put them in lemon water.
8. In a medium pan over medium low heat, heat olive oil and butter.
9. Put in artichokes in hot butter mixture put the lid on and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Pour in wine, and add in lemon zest, garlic, and salt, toss to mix, cover and allow to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
11. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot.