- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed Apples Recipe
|Cooking apples||2 (Pippin, Granny Smith Or Newton)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 7.6 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 4% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pare and quarter and core the apples.
2) With the help of a slicing disc,stack apple quarters in feed tube horizontally.
3) Using flat side on disc, slice 2 quarters at a time.
4) In a skillet, stir butter until melted over moderate heat.
5) Now add apple slices and fry quickly by turning frequently,until they are tender-crisp.
6) Add honey, cinnamon and water to the above mixture and stir to mix.
7) Reduce the heat, cook until all the water has reduced and apples are just cooked through but not very soft.
8) Serve hot.