- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage, Tomato, Cannellini and Mash Recipe Video
|Sausages||8 , casing removed and broken|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||50 Gram, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned cannelini beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|For mashed potatoes|
|Potatoes||1 Kilogram, peeled|
Calories 558 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 76.3 mg
Sodium 744.5 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.2%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 66.9%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 23.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, boil water and add in the potatoes. Cook until done.
2. In a shallow pan, heat olive oil and add in the onion and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Stir in the garlic, followed by the sausages. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Pour in the canned tomatoes, cannellini and kidney beans. Simmer for a few minutes on low heat.
5. Strain the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
6. Add in the butter and milk and mash with a potato masher.
7. Serve mashed potatoes along with sausages and beans.