- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Stuffing Recipe
|Coarse bread crumbs||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Season all||1 Teaspoon|
|Bulk pork sausage||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (No. 2 Can)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3643 Calories from Fat 1284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.5%
Saturated Fat 53.2 g266%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 844.8 mg281.6%
Sodium 7254.8 mg302.3%
Total Carbohydrates 466 g155.2%
Dietary Fiber 32.5 g129.9%
Sugars 75.9 g
Protein 127 g253.5%
Vitamin A 127.6% Vitamin C 131%
Calcium 119.7% Iron 223.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs, garlic salt and Season-All together.
3) Toast the mixture in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp.
4) In a skillet, saute the sausage, breaking into small pieces with a fork, until brown.
5) Pour off the excess skillet drippings.
6) Drain the tomatoes and chop the pulp very fine.
7) In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sausage, tomatoes, rice, eggs, onion, poultry seasoning, pepper and raisins together.
8) Toss the ingredients lightly, until thoroughly mixed.
9) Use the Sausage Stuffing for stuffing chicken, turkey or Cornish hens.