- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Firm tomatoes||4 Large|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green pepper||3 Tablespoon|
|Mild bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, crumbled and drained|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Fresh parsley sprig||4|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 985 Calories from Fat 586
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g100.7%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.8 mg
Sodium 3136.3 mg130.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.2%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 160.1% Vitamin C 348.7%
Calcium 54.5% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Remove the tomato tops and hollow out pulp, keeping the shells intact.
3) Chop the pulp of tomatoes.
4) Mix well the tomato pulp, breadcrumbs, celery, green pepper, and cooked sausage.
5) Season inside of tomato shells with salt and pepper and pour the sausage mixture into shells.
6) Take an 8-inch square baking pan, arrange tomatoes in it and bake in the oven for 15 minutes till the tomatoes are heated thoroughly.
7) Top tomatoes with cheese.
8) Bake again for 1 additional minute for the cheese to melt.
9) If wished, garnish with parsley and serve.