- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Stuffed Rouladen With Tomato Beer Kraut Recipe
|Round beef steak||2 Pound (1 In Number, Cut 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Smoked sausage link||6|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Sauerkraut||16 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Bottle)|
|Caraway seed||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.3 mg
Sodium 1571.1 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 53 g105.3%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 39.2%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place beef steak on a meat board and use a meat knife to slice it into 6 equal portions, in a slight rectangular shape.
2. Sprinkle flour on both sides of the steaks then use a meat hammer or flat base pan to flatten the steaks into thin slices.
3. Place a sausage on each of the beef slices and roll the meat over it.
4. Use toothpicks to secure the rolls.
5. In a large skillet, heat the oil.
6. Add the sausage beef rolls and sauté until evenly browned on all sides.
7. Remove the sausage rolls onto a platter and keep aside.
8. To the drippings in the pan, add the onions and sauté them until lightly browned.
9. To the onions, add the sauerkraut, tomatoes, caraway and seasonings and sauté for 2 minutes.
10. Tip in the beer and stir to mix well.
11. Return the sausage beef rolls to the skillet and cover pan with its lid.
12. Reduce the heat and simmer the meat for 1 ½ to 2 hours until it is cooked through.
13. Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat rolls and vegetables onto a serving platter and keep warm.
14. Blend the flour in a little cold water to make a slurry and add to the gravy in the skillet.
15. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes until the thick and heated through.
16. Spoon a little of the gravy over the beef-sausage rolls and pass the remaining in a sauceboat.