- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Stuffed Cabbage Leaves Recipe
|Green cabbage leaves||8 Large, washed|
|Pork sausage meat||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped sage||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and chopped|
|Plain flour||30 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, skinned and sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3300 Calories from Fat 891
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154%
Saturated Fat 40.7 g203.7%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 239.8 mg
Sodium 3780.7 mg157.5%
Total Carbohydrates 531 g177.1%
Dietary Fiber 195 g779.9%
Sugars 265.9 g
Protein 150 g300.7%
Vitamin A 227.9% Vitamin C 4517.4%
Calcium 332.9% Iron 236.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix together the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, sage and half the mushrooms. Divide the mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves, placing it at the stalk-end of each leaf. Bring the sides of each leaf to the centre, then roll up the leaf to enclose the sausagemeat in a neat parcel.
3. Put the butter in a shallow ovenproof dish and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts. Add the onion and remaining mushrooms and mix them well with the butter. Microwave on HIGH for 4- 5 minutes until softened.
4. Stir in the flour and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the chicken stock and the milk and microwave on HIGH for about 5 minutes, or until boiling, stirring frequently.
5. Carefully place the stuffed cabbage leaves in the dish, spooning the sauce over them to coat evenly. Cover with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes, or until the sausagemeat is cooked, re-positioning the stuffed leaves twice during the cooking time to ensure they cook evenly.
6. Uncover the dish and skim off any excess fat, if necessary. Arrange the tomato slices over the cabbage leaves and then season them well with salt and pepper. Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes, until the tomatoes are hot.