- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Sauerkraut Supper Recipe
|Carrots||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Cubed carrots||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Red potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), cubed|
|Cubed red potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned sauerkraut||28 Ounce, drained, rinsed (Two 14 Ounce Cans)|
|Polish sausage||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Sausage||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 102.1 mg
Sodium 1608.1 mg67%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 216.4% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, arrange potatoes, carrots, and sauerkraut in layers.
2) In a skillet, brown sausage and transfer to the cooker.
3) Reserve the pan drippings and saute onion and garlic in it.
4) Drizzle wine, let it boil, and the sprinkle pepper and caraway seeds.
5) Pour the sauce over the sausage, cover, and let it cook on slow for 8-9 hours.
6) Check seasoning and serve.