- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Rolls Recipe
|Rough puff pastry/Flaky pastry||4 Ounce|
|Sausage meat||6 Ounce|
|Egg yolk||1 (To Glaze)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Glaze)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1198 Calories from Fat 836
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.7%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.2%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 307.6 mg
Sodium 1376 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 36 g72.9%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven moderate to 450° F.
2. Roll the pastry out into oblong shape into 1/8" thick, 8" wide and 12" long.
3. Halve the pastry lengthways and cut in quarters widthways to make 8 pieces of pastry each 4" x 3".
4. Divide sausage meat into 8 and roll the pieces into small sausages.
5. Keep each piece above each pastry pieces.
6. Wet the pastry edges and fold over. Press the edges to seal together.
7. With the back of a floured knife fix the edges and nick them.
8. Arrange them over a baking sheet.
9. Brush glaze over them.
10. Keep the sheet just above halfway of the oven.
11. Decrease heat to 370° after 15 minutes and cook for 15-20 minutes.
12. Serve hot with vegetables and thick gravy or cold with salad.