- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Paella Recipe
|Sweet italian sausages||6|
|Green peppers||1⁄2 Pound (2 Small Ones)|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Bay leaf||1⁄2 , crushed|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Long grain white rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can Of 1 Pound And 12 Ounce, Undrained)|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Undiluted)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Needed)|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg6.9%
Sodium 1028.6 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 16 g32.3%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 59%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a heavy 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat and brown sausages; remove and keep aside.
3. In the same Dutch oven containing dripping, add green pepper, onion, garlic and bay leaf; stir and sautÃ© over medium heat for 5 minutes until onion is tender.
4. Stir in paprika, salt and rice; stir and cook for 10 minutes until rice is lightly browned and coated with paprika.
5. Drain tomatoes and reserve liquid into 4-cup measuring cup.
6. Add chicken broth and enough water to tomato liquid to make 4 cups; mix well.
7. Add drained tomatoes to the Dutch oven and bring the contents to just boiling.
8. Remove the Dutch oven from heat.
9. Into a 3-quart casserole, turn over the contents from the Dutch oven and arrange sausages on the top in spoke-fashion.
10. Cover and bake for 1 hour until the rice absorbs all liquid.
11. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
12. Serve Sausage Paella in a shallow soup plate.