- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peeled diced tomatoes||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Polish sausage||1 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|Chicken breasts||4 , boned, skinned, and cut into bite-size pieces|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, deveined|
Calories 1143 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.7%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g81.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.4 mg
Sodium 1891.1 mg78.8%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 79 g158.8%
Vitamin A 75.1% Vitamin C 127%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 45.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large Dutch oven, add onion, green pepper and garlic to sauté in butter until the onions turn tender.
2) Sprinkle flour and sauté to make a smooth consistency.
3) Slowly pour in water and wine and keep on blending.
4) Fold in remaining ingredients other than shrimp.
5) Bring the liquid to a boil by occasional stirring.
6) Cover with a lid and allow simmering for another 25 minutes.
7) Add shrimp and again simmer for 5 minutes to make the shrimps pink.
8) Serve hot by garnishing with fresh parsley.