- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage Balls In Cheese Pastry Recipe
|Bulk pork sausage||1 Pound (Mild Or Hot)|
|Dry breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
Calories 1930 Calories from Fat 1270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g219.6%
Saturated Fat 72.8 g364.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 433.1 mg
Sodium 2363.5 mg98.5%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.1%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 72 g144.5%
Vitamin A 90.7% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 96.7% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl add mild or hot bulk pork sausage, dry breadcrumbs, chicken broth, ground nutmeg, and poultry seasoning and blend them well.
3. Mould this mixture into 1-inch balls. And cook it over heat till it turns brown on all sides.
4. Drain the mixture on paper towels. and add salt, paprika, and cheese to it.
5. Knead the mixture well and layer it till it emanates an feisty aroma.
6. Layer the sausage balls with 1tbsp dough and arrange these balls on a baking sheet.
7. Bake this mixture for about 15-20 minutes at 350 .
8. Serve this mixture as a side dish to any main dish.