- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
|Mild sausage||12 Ounce|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Long grain and wild rice mix||6 Ounce|
Calories 866 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 15 g75.1%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg
Sodium 1361.6 mg56.7%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 35 g70.9%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a vessel, cook long grain and wild rice mix and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, add crumbled sausage, chopped onion, celery and cook until sausage is brown.
3. Add the sausage mix to the cooked rice.
4. Into a 1 1/2-quart deep casserole dish pour the sausage and rice mix.
5. Cover and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 20 minutes until thoroughly heated.
6. Serve hot.