- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tailgating Recipe: Sausage and Vegetable Kebabs with Mustard Sauce Recipe Video
|Bratwurst sausages/Italian sausage||1 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, washed, seeded and cut into 1 inch square|
|Cherry tomatoes/Grape tomatoes||12 , washed|
|Zucchini||1 Small, washed and cut into 3/4 inch slices|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.4%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93 mg31%
Sodium 789.6 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 92%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill with medium heat coals or preheat the broiler.
2. Soak the wooden skewer in water for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the sausages, in about 1 inch pieces.
4. In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, and a pinch of pepper.
5. Thread each skewer, alternately sausage and vegetable chunks, beginning and ending with red pepper cubes, leaving some space between each piece.
6. Brush the mustard mixture over the sausage and vegetables.
7. Grill or broil the kebabs on an oiled rack, for about 18 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of sausages reaches 160 F and turn the skewers every 5 minutes.
8. Serve hot with desired dip.