- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage And Pancetta Risotto Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pancetta/Rindless back bacon||3 Ounce, chopped (90 Grams)|
|Carrot||1 Small, sliced|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Canned tomatoes||26 Ounce, chopped (2 Cans, 410 Grams / 13 Ounce Each)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Canned kidney beans||6 Ounce, drained (185 Grams, 1 Can)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Grams)|
|Italian sausages||4 , casings removed|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Arborio rice||6 Ounce (185 Grams)|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 , roughly chopped (Red Or Yellow, Capsicum)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce, grated (90 Grams)|
Calories 578 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.2%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg
Sodium 1193.4 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 53.7% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large frying pan heat oil and fry pancetta or bacon, carrot and onion and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomatoes, lowering heat simmer for 15 minutes and then stir in stock and beans, remove pan from heat and set aside.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter and fry sausages with sage, rosemary and garlic for 7 minutes, stirring frequently until sausage is crumbly.
4. Add rice and wine and stir mixture until liquid has evaporated, then add 250 milliliters/ 8 fluid ounces of bean/stock mixture.
5. Cook until liquid has evaporated and continue adding bean/stock mixture in this fashion until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Stir in chopped pepper (capsicum) and Parmesan and serve.