- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage And Egg Pie Recipe
|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.3%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 391.5 mg
Sodium 1136.9 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.06%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. -Gas Mark 6.
2) Prepare the pastry and divide in half.
3) Roll out one part in a circular shape, with a suitable size to line a 7-inch sponge tin by covering base and sides.
4) Place the sausages on the lined sponge tin in a cartwheel pattern by leaving 3 spaces for the eggs.
5) Crack the eggs one by one, in the left out space.
6) Season properly with salt and pepper.
7) Roll out the remainder part of pastry to prepare the covering of the pie.
8) Seal the edges and trim off the excess pastry over the edge.
9) Make a small hole in the centre and brush the pie top with little milk.
10) Place the pie in the middle of a hot oven to bake for 10 minutes.
11) Reduce the heat to moderate (355°F. - Gas Mark 4) and bake for a further 30 minutes.
12) Cut the pie in wedges and serve with salad.